Communications & Marketing Officer
Scotland Food & Drink (SF&D) is the industry leadership organisation tasked with driving responsible growth for the sector. We are a membership organisation with over 400 companies at our heart. The industry strategy - which we lead - Ambition 2030, aims to double the value of the country's farming, fishing, food and drink industry to £30 billion by 2030.
The communications and marketing team at SF&D has a wide reaching and intertwined purpose: to project and protect the reputation and work of Scotland Food & Drink, demonstrating our commitment to, and the importance of, collaboration with our industry partners, the Scottish Government and public sector stakeholders.
We work collaboratively with our colleagues (both within SF&D and the wider SF&D Partnership) to raise awareness and support the ambition of the industry - our members and our partnership - through key flagship events, membership communications and promoting the market development work of SF&D and the wider partnership.
Our primary focus is to communicate the benefits and competitive edge SF&D and its partners deliver to support the continued and responsible growth of the food and drink industry.
Reporting to the Communications & Marketing Director, the purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver a clear and consistent organisational and partnership identity and tone of voice across all communication materials.
- Support the delivery of an integrated marketing and communications strategy and plan to support both industry leadership positioning and membership retention and acquisition
- Ensure SF&D owned flagship events support and deliver the reputation of SF&D
Skills and experience
- Time management and efficient working practises are necessary due to the high-intensity, fast-paced nature of the role.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of digital skills, including digital marketing, social media, e-CRM, with related experience and/or education,
- Writing and PR experience, with an ability to write a pithy press release and insightful industry reports is crucial.
- High attention to detail.
- Seamless teamworking skills within both the small SF&D Marketing and Communications team, as well as the rest of the organisation.
- Ability to negotiate to establish priorities, agree outputs and responsibilities, timelines and report on progress.
- Ability to work autonomously, linking in with the C&M Director as necessary.
- Liaising with external stakeholders and clients, good communication is key.
Duties and responsibilities (including but not exhaustive)
- Deliver a clear and consistent organisational and partnership identity and tone of voice across all activity.
- Help to shape the creation of SF&D communications and marketing strategy including key message development, reporting and measuring success.
- Support the Communications & Marketing Director with the delivery of the SF&D communications and marketing strategy and its key objectives. Ensuring stakeholders and industry understand exactly what SF&D stands for and how it helps deliver a competitive edge.
- Work closely with communications colleagues in our partner organisations to develop and deliver collaborative activity.
- Delivery of engaging communications, ensuring delivery on time, in full and on budget to support flagship events and activity including web project, Fortnight, Excellence Awards, Showcasing and leadership dinners.
- Lead, create and deliver the communications and marketing plans for The Brewers Association of Scotland and The Scottish Distillers Association with support from the Communications and Marketing Executive.
- Support the planning and delivery of communications activity across all channels on SF&D projects such as Connect Local and Innovation Insights.
- Accountable for the digital marketing function of the organisation, including websites, newsletters, social media, video and photography across all platforms and projects.
- With the Communications and Marketing Director develop the PR function, build media relationships and work with agencies where relevant.
- Write engaging and well-written copy for documents, websites, PR releases etc.
- Building a network of contacts among members, partners and influencers in order to disseminate SF&D news and messages.
- Work with the communications and marketing team to support internal communications.
- Be available and flexible to support a range of miscellaneous tasks.
Annual Leave entitlement
25 days (plus 10 bank holidays)
Full-time role, working 35 hours per week with occasional evening activities.
Ratho, Edinburgh with some travel
Applicants should provide a CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date.
Any questions regarding the role should be directed to Claire Bisset: firstname.lastname@example.org